Top 15 Mobile Application Testing Tools
Top 15 Mobile Application Testing Tools
Top 15 mobile application testing tools
The use of mobile applications is gaining a new surge every day. Therefore, several mobile applications are being developed. As they attract a huge demand in the market, testing of mobile applications is crucial.
Software testing is a complex procedure where plenty of techniques are used. Ever since the Automation Testing was introduced; developers and testers have been trying to speed up the testing process with it. Using best-automated tools makes testing more efficient.
We, at Sapizon Technologies, use the best-automated tools for mobile app testing. This is a guide for the 15 best mobile application testing tools that we use.
What are the best mobile application testing tools?
Given below are the top 15 mobile app testing tools:
- TestComplete Mobile- SmartBear
- Appium Studio
If you are wondering why these tools are considered the best, let us run you through some of these tools briefly.
TestComplete Mobile- SmartBear (Android and iOS)
TestComplete Mobile is a tool developed under SmartBear. It is used to run automated UI tests in mobile applications. Here are some of its key features.
- It can be used to test both Android and iOS applications.
- Data-driven and object-driven testing.
- Keyword-driven test scripts.
- Tests are recorded.
- It can be integrated with other tools.
- Identifies UI elements with the help of AI visual recognitions which helps in saving time and maintaining tests.
Calabash is an open-source automation tool used to run automated UI tests. Using Calabash, you can test your application in more than 1000 devices in the cloud.
Some of the prominent features of Calabash are:
- It consists of two open-source libraries, one for android and another for iOS.
- It supports the cucumber framework which converts complex coding into simple English to help users understand the application better.
- It is supported by Xamarin cloud service and can also be integrated with a selenium web driver.
- It provides APIs to local applications.
Kobiton (Android and iOS device cloud)
Kobiton is a mobile device testing platform that offers real-time device testing in the cloud. It can be used for both manual and automated testing. It quickens the testing process and helps in delivery if the application.
- Kobiton provides access to the latest gadgets through the cloud to ensure efficient testing.
- Runs automated tests on real devices to improve the overall experience across all devices.
- It is supported by Appium.
- It has a centralized log system that enables collaboration between testing teams.
SeeTest (Experitest Platform)
SeeTest by Experitest is one of the leading automation tools for mobile applications. It supports the automation of both android and iOS mobile applications.
Here are some of its key features:
- Allows you to test a wide range of mobile applications.
- Consists of a test recorder.
- It creates effective Appium tests with ease.
- It fast-tracks the testing process.
- It offers real-time debugging.
BrowserStack (Android and iOS device cloud)
BrowserStack is a mobile application testing platform that helps you test your applications across different devices, browsers, and OS versions.
The key features of BrowserStack are:
- Integrates with other tools like Selenium, Appium, and EarlGrey.
- It has an instant debugging system that takes data from all the logs from the tests you run and fixes the applications.
- Accelerates your test runs significantly.
- Enhances application security.
Appium is an open-source automation tool that provides one-stop solution in mobile application testing. It can work as an external server.
The best features of Appium are:
- It can be used for both android and iOS applications.
- It can run tests without making any changes to the application code.
- It integrates with several other tools and is easy to set up on other platforms.
- Supports the majority of programming languages like Java, Ruby, Python, and Node.
MonkeyTalk is an open-source automation testing tool used for mobile application testing. It makes it easy for the user to understand the application.
Some key features of MonkeyTalk are:
- It can record and playback test scripts whenever required.
- It automates tests for both android and iOS apps.
- Test scripts compiled with MonkeyTalk are easy to read and understand.
- It has built-in support for Jenkins and Hudson for integration.
- It supports both keyword-driven and data-driven concepts.
Robotium is an automated testing tool used for testing android mobile applications. Since Android smartphones are so common, Robotium is also widely used.
Here are some of its features:
- You can create robust automation test scripts covering user assertions in minimal time.
- It is an open-source library outlined specifically for android app testing.
- You can run test cases on pre-installed applications.
- Test scripts can be created even with limited information about a project.
EarlGrey is a testing tool for automation testing of iOS applications. iOS mobile devices are widely used around the world. Hence, EarlGrey is also a common tool used in testing.
Some of the key features of EarlGrey are:
- Its synchronization features ensure that UI is in a steady state before any actions and help increase stability.
- It automatically synchronizes with UI, network requests, and various queues.
- It can integrate with Xcode’s Test Navigator which helps you to run tests directly from the command line.
- Prior to every UI interaction, it makes sure the elements that you interact are visible. This creates a user-friendly environment.
Testdroid is an automation testing tool that is used for testing cloud-based mobile applications. Testdroid is known for speeding up the testing process of android, and iOS applications with different OS forms.
Some of the features of Testdroid are:
- It helps in the development and testing of mobile apps.
- Spares excessive cost-consumption.
- Offers to test on real devices.
- Allows you to test android apps with cloud-based services.
Sapizon Technologies is a leading software testing company in the world. We are actively providing our services in mobile application testing. We have highly experienced software testers who have completed more than 100 projects around the world. Our testers are armed with the best tools and technologies. We offer our services across different industries.